Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So, I'm a reader. I love to read. Lately it has been my sanity. I love just getting lost in a good book. I'll be honest, most of what I read could be considered fluff, you know, not too sophisticated, just a good, easy read. However, lately I've been trying to read some of the good classics. I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time last year, and loving it so much, I'm now reading Emma. In my opinion, the best people to recommend books, are the people you know. So let me know what your favorite reads are, either past or present, either classic or fluff. I just need help finding a good book.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

You have read the Twilight fluff right?? I will be down this weekend for games for Jaycie. Friday Calvary Chapel and Saturday Andre Agassi. I will bring you some books that I have read recently. Although there aren't that many to bring right now, I just got through reading the twilight series for the second time. LOL

Amy said...

I read trashy romance novels - I love them!!! I loved "Gone with the Wind" a million years ago when I read it. It was super long but a great classic! "Little Women" and "Wuthering Heights" are two of my other favorite classics :)

Vicki said...

I can't help you much, I'm not much of a reader. The only books I'll slow down for are Harry Potter.

Camie said...

There are way too many to put on here! I would recommend all of the Jane Austen novels, the Twilight series, and the Inheritence cycle.

Whitney Baldwin said...

I have some to recommend, you know I love books! 1) "The DaVinci Code"-- I promise you will not disappointed. It reads like fluff, but at the same time it makes you think.
2) I also love anything by John Grisham. I have read about 6-7 of his books and both Brad and I have loved all of them. I am addicted. "The Partner" and "A Time to Kill" are some faves.
3) I highly recommend NOT reading Twilight if you can help it--but I think I am about the only girl in the universe that hated these books.
4) "To Kill a Mockingbird" if my favorite classic. Can't go wrong with that book.

PML said...

I loved the two books I read by Tova Marvis. One is called The Ladies Auxiliary and the other was The Outside World. If your library doesn't have it, I think it is worth it to spend the $4.25 and get it off half.com. If you only read one of them, do the Ladies Auxiliary. Also, you can join goodreads.com and add your friends to see what books they like.

PML said...

Oh yeah, if you can relate to teenage vampires and soft-core book porn, I suggest Twilight. (As you can tell, I didn't relate too well!!)

Anonymous said...

I really like the John Grisham books. But I'm reading Emma right now too.