Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All about Stuart

I know that a lot of you already know about this, but I wanted to post it for the few that don't and because I want to! Stuart has started Graduate School at UNLV. He was admitted in December into the Graduate Licensure Program (GLP). It is basically a program that fits our needs to a T and we are very excited that it is available for him. He will spend the next year getting licensed to teach and the year after that finishing up the courses he'll need to earn his masters degree in Education. YEA!!! After 7 1/2 crazy, weird, exciting, stressful, fun, busy, unexpected, and great years together, we are finally right back where we started, and I couldn't be more thrilled. When we first got married, all Stuart ever wanted to do was to become a history teacher and High School Basketball coach. I was cool with that, I just want him to be able to do something that makes him happy. Somewhere along the road, life came up, and we kept making choices that led us away from his dream instead of toward it. As we all know, our choices have consequences, and some of the consequences we have faced have been wonderful blessings in our lives and have given us experiences we couldn't have gotten any other way. Some of the consequences have been grueling and heartbreaking, yet being on this side of them we see the purpose and value in them as well. The wonderful thing is that we are back on track and it feels good. He has been back in classes for four weeks now and from what he tells me it is going good and he is enjoying most of it, but dreading some of the "busy work" that comes with an education degree. It is taking some time for him to get back in school mode, but that's understandable seeing how it's been 5 years since he graduated. Anyway, I am so proud of Stuart for making this choice. It hasn't been easy, and it won't be easy, but I think it takes courage to do what you believe will make you happy and bring you fulfillment, instead of doing whats easy. Wish us luck on the next phase of our journey! I love you Stuart!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am happy for you guys! I think that this will truly make Stuart happy. He is lucky to have you as his wife to stand by him through the last 7 1/2 years! And anything that keeps you in Vegas for longer gets my vote :)

Anonymous said...

It's good to be back on track. And it's good that Stuart knows what he wants to be when he grows up... Steve is still trying to figure that out {but I love him anyway} Will you guys go back to Moapa when he's done?