Saturday, February 14, 2009
One of these days, I'll probably kill myself!
I'm not the most graceful person, and this next story proves that. This afternoon, I had a minute of peace while the kids were busy playing, so I decided to check my email. By the time I was done my foot had fallen asleep, but the kids needed me downstairs, so I decided to walk it off. I was going down the stairs by bracing myself on the wall, and kind of hopping down on my one good foot. After about three steps of this, I thought to myself "this isn't very smart, I could fall really easily." So, I decided to walk down like normal, but the first step on the sleeping foot meant disaster. I don't know exactly how it happened, but it came out from under me and the next thing I knew I was sailing down the stairs on my butt, back, side, arm and hand. When I landed on the tile at the bottom, those were all the things that hurt, including my neck and the back of my head. I'm not feeling that great right now, but not really in pain. I'm sure things will just be a little sore for a few days. When I landed and stopped crying and assured the kids that mommy was in fact okay, I was really wishing someone had caught it on tape. I'm sure it would have been good for a few thousand laughs on youtube. The only question that remains is: Will I always be such a spaz?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heather, you need to be more careful. How do you feel now? Your poor kids were probably freeking out. Glad you seem to be ok after the fall.
Maybe yoga would help?.. :)
I tip over when I try to do yoga {hence the give away} so I totally understand how you feel about it.
Oh, and good job on your running!!!
Oh, I am glad that yo are ok and there were no broken bones!
Post a Comment