Sunday, March 7, 2010
My First Turkey
I took advantage of the Thanksgiving sales, and landed a cheap turkey. This meant that I had to at some point cook that turkey, and eat it. It only took me a few months to talk myself into it. I don't know why the thought of cooking a turkey was so overwhelming to me, but it was. I went all the way with this one, and I brined it and everything. It turned out great, and tasted YUMMY! It was moist and delicious. I was proud of myself. We had friends over and had an entire thanksgiving feast at the end of January!
Me with my prize bird. I have no idea why I feel like this is some kind of accomplishment, but I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is one beautiful bird. You should be proud!
And I was sorry to hear about the pain you have been in--I can't even imagine. I hope that your appointment at the chiropractor will bring you some relief. We will be praying for you. Love you!
OK that is a big accomplishment you go girl! The first time I made a bread dough I was so darn proud of myself and called my mom up to brag about how great I was for doing it! I hope your back starts feeling better :)
I know why you think it's an accomplishment. Because it IS! Cooking a turkey also intimidates me and I've never done it yet, but I really want to this year at some point.
And I didn't know your back's been hurting. So sorry! Maybe you mentioned it in your testimony today but I was distracted by a few things at that moment. I hope it gets feeling better. I can watch your kids whenever you need a break...I'm just around the corner, you know!
Congratulations Heather!!! Cooking a turkey is definitely an accomplishment. We've been married 5 years and I haven't even thought about it yet. I think it's a big deal because it's one of those things a real mom does. You know the kind of mom who prides herself on dinner being ready when the hubby gets home. A real, bonafide housewife would definitely have experience in cooking turkeys. Now you are one step closer.
Next stop on the domestic goddess list - wearing a dress and lipstick while you cook the turkey!
I felt the same way with my first turkey which I made about two years ago. It felt amazing to have done it all by myself....with only 500 phone calls to my mom :)
Wow, that looks great. I think it is an accomplishment. It is something that I have been scared to try myself.
Post a Comment