I feel loved and appreciated, and even though its late, I can't let the year go by without remembering this one! In the 8 years we have been married, Stuart has never once acknowledged Valentine's Day. I'm not telling you this to throw him under the bus, its just a fact at our house. He doesn't want to do something special because someone told him to (he's stubborn like that). I knew this before we got married. While we were engaged I came down to his place to spend V-day with him, and he acted like it was any other day. I was not happy, and to be honest, it took a few years to get past my Valentine's Day disappointment, but I did get over it eventually. I don't see the point in over priced flowers, and while I've never met a chocolate I didn't like, it just seems too predictable to be romantic (just my opinion, don't hate).
This year, V-Day was on a Sunday, and on this Sunday, I went to church by myself
because all three kids stayed home with hacking coughs. When I got home I walked into my room to a very pleasant surprise!


All over my bed room, and at other random places through the house were hearts with reasons my husband and kids love me! I couldn't believe it! Stuart planned it and once he had told the kids about his idea, they were excited to get started. I'm even told that they came up with their reasons all by themselves!


Some of my favorites:
From Preston
- You read with us
- You make me pizza
- You help us with homework
From Emma
- You give me Kesses
- You wash my cloths
- You love me
From Stockton-I'm told that once Stuart asked him why he loves Mommy, this is what he blurted out:
- Pizza and Movie Night
- gives me a bath
- You give me candy
From Stuart:
- Your Competitive Spirit!
- You gave me 3 beautiful Children!
- You go to games with me! (even when you know your team is going to lose)
This is definitely my idea of celebrating Valentine's day. I felt so loved and it felt good to have my hard work recognized and acknowledged! Yay for V-Day 2010.
5 comments:
You guys are the cutest. Good job Stuart!! Keep it up. Love you guys.
This made me smile. I am glad, and impressed, that Stu put this together on Valentine's Day since I know his feelings about that day! That was really sweet and you deserved it!
That is so sweet and well deserved!
Kevin also does not observe Valentine's Day, even though it's basically the anniversary of when we officially started dating. This is so cute. My friends and I used to heart attack boys we liked in junior high, and it was so much fun. This post took me back to that time.
What a great Valentines Day! That is awesome!!!
Post a Comment