Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thought for the day

"Sometimes, when I think I want something more, I remember that I need to learn to value what I have-the Lord Himself gave it all to me." Lidia Evgenevna Shmakova, January 2010 Ensign, article entitled How We Learned About Happiness

Today I'll focus on counting my blessings rather than wishing for all the things I don't have. It's all about focus this year, and this is definitely an area where I need to improve.

2 comments:

Skeeter said...

That is so true!!! Wow!! I am glad you posted this. I love it. Thanks for lunch... Yesterday was so much fun! Still can't believe the baseball just disappeared. hahahaha

vickersfam said...

What a great thought and a much-needed, sometimes forgotten, principle in our society. We all could value what we have more, from physical possessions to family,friends and spiritual gifts. Thanks for the positive reminder!