Monday, February 8, 2010
Singing In His Sleep
I have to admit that since his death, we, all of us, the entire family have been a little obsessed with Michael Jackson's music. We can't get in the car without Stockton saying "Beat It Mom, Beat It". There are weeks when we listen to Beat It, Black or White, Thriller, and others probably 10 times each! The kids would play them on a continuous loop if I would let them. On Friday we rented the "This Is It" movie. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but they LOVED it. It was actually really interesting and entertaining, and only made me wish he had lived to record his concert because it would have been AMAZING! As odd as he was, and for all of the choices he made that I don't agree with, I have to admit that he was a true artist. To him, music was an art form, not just a way to make more money than I could spend in a lifetime, but a way to express himself. During the movie the kids were singing along, and dancing, and playing the air guitar. Later that night after the kids had gone to bed, Stuart and I were just going to bed ourselves when we heard something coming from the kids room. It didn't last long, and I only figured out what it was after the fact. Preston was singing in his sleep. It was awesome! It took us a minute to realize that he was singing a line from "The Way You Make Me Feel". Stuart and I went to sleep laughing, and Preston thinks its pretty awesome that he even sings Michael Jackson in his sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been wondering if that was worth seeing. I think maybe we will redbox it.
So glad your kids love his music.
Post a Comment