Emma and I LOVE to fight over Stuart. Really, it's something we do for fun! When he gets home and I go to kiss him, she rushes in and tries to get between us. I'll say "MY DADDY" and hold him possessively, and she has one of two responses to this, 1. She rushes up, throws herself around him and does her best to push me out of the way, or 2. she put on her pouty face and batts her eyelashes at him while snuggling close to try to get all the attention for herself. Stuart of course loves EVERY second of it! About a week ago I was grocery shopping and had left him home with the kiddos. While I was gone they had this little conversation: (I'll make him read this to see if it needs any editing, but I'm pretty sure these were the words.)
Emma: Dad, Mom says you are fat, and that you should go on The Biggest Loser.
Dad: Really? That doesn't sound very nice! I can't believe Mom would say something like that about me!
Emma: Do you still love her Dad?
Apparently she was delivering the blow of all blows while I was away and couldn't even defend myself. I have NEVER said Stuart is fat in case you are wondering. She just thought she would see if she could get him to love her more than me. The wheels are always turning inside that little head, and I'm going to have to start thinking faster on my feet if I intend to keep up!!!
1 comment:
This makes me laugh! We've always played the fight over Daddy game too. One time Mark brought me home some flowers just to be nice. Kaitlyn was pouting because SHE didn't get any. For Valentine's 2010 he got me a pretty little arrangement and made SURE to get her a single carnation and NOW he was smart enough to remember Lauren too, she gets the stuffed animal off of my vase.
Post a Comment