Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Summer Vacation Part 1

So far behind, and so much material to cover. Oh well! I have been meaning to document this past vacation for a LONG time, but now I am just going to go for it. At the end of the summer we decided to spend one week of our break on vacation visiting family and friends. It was great! Of course, while we were in Utah for more than a week, I needed batteries for my camera, and never got any, so I'm stealing all these photos from others! (Thanks guys!)


We started out spending a few days and nights with good friends in Fountain Green, UT. I have known Justine since we were 12, and our lives just continued to cross paths until she moved into my ward in high school. We were friends then, but not much past acquaintances. Then we ended up going to the same college and we have been GREAT friends ever since. We were roommates during our second year at Snow College. We helped each other a lot, and built a lasting friendship. Justine and Spencer got married a week after Stuart and I. (We cut our Honeymoon short to make it home for their wedding.) Stuart and Spencer don't really have much in common, but somehow, they always seem to keep each other entertained, and get along great. This is something Justine and I are both grateful for. Anyway, spending a weekend with them is always fun. The kids spent the ENTIRE time playing outside. They spent their days running and playing, swinging and laughing and having a great time! I feel so lucky to have friends that have kids my kids ages! It makes things so much easier-entertainment for the kids so the parents can talk and catch up! While we were there, they took us 4-wheeling up to a popular rock climbing canyon close to their home. The kids had a blast. Preston and Wylie were trying to see if they could both climb to all the high spots, while the little kids all tried to keep up. It was great!

This is Stockton and Kaylese. She is adorable and I love that smile. Stockton on the other hand wasn't quite sure what to think! These two are only about 3 months apart!




Preston and Wylie got along great all weekend. They were little partners in crime. I love it! Preston is about 5 months older than Wylie, so they are good for each other! Preston taught Wylie about Baseball, and Wylie taught Preston about "fish guts water" and other exciting aspects of country life!!

This is the rest of the crew (minus Spencer). We had SO much fun spending the weekend with you, and enjoying the atmosphere of your beautiful small town. I'm still so jealous that your kids get to run and play without so much worry! The other two kids, Ryland and Emma are right up front. These two are the ones that don't have an instant buddy when we get together, but they still made it work!

Thanks for a fabulous weekend! Can't wait for next time!

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Thank you, Heather
Family and Friends - is where it's at! I love you
Dad

PML said...

Well you girls look just as cute and skinny as you did 9 years ago! Was it really that long ago? It is okay if you don't know how to use your sewing machine, I don't either. I do about 2 projects a year and then call it good. I wanted one to mend stuff, but I never do! And congrats on the marathon. I just ran 3 miles yesterday in 28 minutes, and was feeling pretty proud, until I read your post. Looks like I've got a ways to go!