If I could do the impossible, I would. I would love to take Emma's energy, her love of life, her joy, her creativity, her desire to create things of beauty, her smile, and her ability to love and bottle them up. Emma is a special girl, a Princess, and one of the joys of my life. I often joke about the fact that I don't know why Heavenly Father sent me a girl because I don't know what to do with girls. And really, I'm not joking. I'm not good at fashion, I would rather wear jeans and a t-shirt every day than worry about it, I hate doing hair (my own and hers included) and I'm really bad at it, I'm not a diva, I hate carrying a purse, and jewelry is more of a
hassle than it is worth. Emma on the other hand is a complete opposite of all of these things! She LOVES to go shopping and pick out new clothes. She also loves to decide which outfit she will wear each day and only pick the jeans and t-shirt if her other favorites are already dirty that week! She loves getting dolled up, but hates the time it takes to get there (our one
commonality). She is a diva
extraordinaire who loves to carry around a purse, and hates to leave the house without one. My family all thought she was
hilarious because while we were camping this summer, she carried her purse everywhere. Last but certainly not least, her newest favorite thing is making jewelry. She loves to put together a new bracelet or necklace, and can often be found wearing one or more pieces of Emma Originals! Maybe someday I will fully understand why I was given a daughter who is clearly my polar opposite, but until then, I'm learning a lot along the way. Emma, thank you for coming to our family. Thank you for making all of us better. Thank you for all 8 of the new drawings/cards/pictures that you draw for me daily. Without you, our lives would be a lot quieter, but they would be much more boring and bland as well. Happy 6
th birthday!
Emma decided that she wanted homemade pizza for her birthday dinner, and she got to make her own (of course) so she arranged her peperoni's in the shape of a smiley face!

Blowing out 6 whole candles! Stockton, Please don't help!

Don't forget the presents!
Having a little girl has been fun in a lot of ways too! I get to play with Barbies again, and this year, Emma chose a Pink Barbie Cake. She helped me make the cake and it was fun for both of us. 

It took me back about 23 years to when my mom made me my very own Pink Barbie birthday cake!
Happy Birthday Emma! Here's to enjoying the moments! (Since we can't bottle them up and save them for later!)
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! She is so big & so beautiful! Happy Birthday Emma! What a darling cake. She looks just like you did! Holy cow! Come visit the Overton 2nd ward one of these days or just the Hopkins. :-) We miss you guys!
I love that you both had a Barbie cake and that you have a picture of yours. You should frame both pictures together. Your daughter is a doll, Heather. I'm glad she had a good birthday.
Happy Birthday little princess. Love all the pics, especially when Emma is trying to block Stockton. Ha ha. She is such a beautiful little girl and we hope she had a wonderful birthday.
Happy Birthday to her. That is so great about you two having the same fun b-day cakes!
I long to be at home and have pizza and movie night with you!
I love all of you,
Dad
I can't believe how big she is getting! Make her stop! I love those two pictures of you girls with your barbie cakes--she really is a miniature Heather! Love you bunches Emma!
Post a Comment