Just in case you thought I was exaggerating when I described my little diva, I have a story to share. Emma has her first loose tooth. This is not a good thing for her. It makes her grumpy and she doesn't like it. This afternoon the kids had apples with lunch and when she bit into hers, she felt it pull on that loose tooth. It didn't come out, but she started to freak! She was crying and emotional. I finally got her calmed down enough to check her mouth. The tooth is more loose, but still has a ways to go. Finally I got her to talk to me. I asked her why she was so emotional about this tooth. Her response to me was (and I give you a direct quote): "Because I'm afraid I won't be pretty anymore when my tooth is gone." What? Huh? Where did that come from? She didn't believe me that she would still be beautiful with a lost tooth, so we were lucky that Daddy was home to reassure her. Once he told her that she would still be beautiful if she had no teeth at all, she was just fine. We took the opportunity to show her pictures of her mom with no teeth up front. She thought it was funny. Until the next breakdown...
P.S. It won't let me add pictures tonight, so I'll put them on tomorrow I guess!
5 comments:
You always have the funniest stories about your kids! Girls are so emotional, aren't they? Although, Alisha was pretty excited when her first two teeth were coming out!
That is great! You have to admit it is kind of an awkward stage. Emma's no dummy!
Hilarious! Don't tell her that you are lying :)
Poor Emma. She is so funny. Let her know I think she is gorgeous with or without a tooth.
When James had his first loose tooth he was so upset too. He kept saying "I brush my teeth!!!" I guess the lecture that we gave them that their teeth would fall out if they didn't brush their teeth stuck...
Kids are funny!
Post a Comment