Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An oldie but goodie!

Preston is on track break right now, and that means the Mom is looking for things to do. When the kids are entertained, and getting the attention/time they want, my life is so much easier! We have been busy doing doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, getting pictures taken, an anything else I can think of that I don't want Preston to miss school for! It has been busy, but it is nice to cross it all off my list. In addition to that we have been doing fun crafts, projects, and science experiments to break up the afternoons (lets face it, it is already too hot for the park). This was one of our first projects, and it is probably the oldest one out there, but it was new to my kids and they loved it! Who doesn't love a necklace made of fruitloops right?

They were very focused! As you can see, even Stockton was trying to make them into a necklace at first. Only after we would get five or six on his string, he would immediately eat them off, and start stringing more. Talk about a funny kid! Preston and Emma both thought it was great, and ended up with awesome necklaces, that were quickly turned into a bracelet, and then a ring as they ate the fruitloops off!
Clearly, after a while Stockton gave up and decided it was just easier to eat them off the counter. I could just hear him saying "why are we wasting our time putting them on a string when we could just eat them now?"
Now that is concentration! I just have to point out the tongue! That is a trait he gets from the Humes side and I love seeing it! It makes me smile. Stay tuned for more Track Break adventures!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Logan still loves to do this too! Fun times. It is crazy we are packing up and I found my old journal from EFY where we met Spencer and Armando. It was really funny to hear all about them and our adventures. Good stuff......Love ya!

Amy said...

My kids always do this too! Funny that it never gets old.