Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break

Everyone is going to be mad at me, especially the Grandmas, but I did not take a single picture the entire week of spring break! Am I a bad mom or what? We had a great week!! Stuart was off of both school and work (duh, since his work is at a school) and we decided to take advantage of the time we had and just play and have fun. Here are some of the things we did last week:

  • Went to the Mathewson's for playing, watching the NCAA championship game, and hanging out with friends!
  • Spent hours at the park playing baseball, swinging and playing tag!
  • Went shooting with my brother Shane. Oh, and I'm still as good of a shot as I used to be, and it is pretty good! (I out shot my brother and my husband, in case you were wondering!!!)
  • Taught my 6 year old to shoot MY 22.
  • Had homemade Pizza and Ice Cream with Shane, Vicki, Denver, Evan, Alisha, and Grant.
  • Went to the Clark County Fair (If you get a chance, you need to ask Emma what it takes to be a real cowgirl. She climbed a fence in the small animals pavilion and when she got down she had cow crap on her and I've been calling her my cowgirl ever since!)
  • Stuart took the kids to the park so the mom could have a little R&R, but I wasted it and spent the time cleaning instead. When will I learn?
  • Celebrated Easter with our little family. We had a ham, funeral potatoes, and asparagus. While we ate, we talked about the real reason for Easter!!!
  • The next day we celebrated Easter again with some friends around the corner, only this time we did it Thanksgiving style with a turkey and ALL the fixings including homemade mac n cheese! Thanks Nate & Lori!!!

It was an awesome week, and we loved every second of it. But all good things must come to and end, so real life is back upon us, and it isn't as much fun as Spring Break, but we'll take it!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How nice to have Stuart home for the week! We had a good time watching the game with you :)

Rodney & Teresa said...

Well tell your husband he is on my crap list!!!! I was so excited to possible play a game of settlers with you guys but at last NO PHONE CALL. Dogged again!!!

Vicki said...

We're so glad you came out, we had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Heather! I was just blogging and came across your blog! I miss you guys so much! It looks like you're doing great. I'm happy for your little family!

Larissa