Well, I've been avoiding posting for some reason. I just feel like I have nothing to say right now, which isn't really true. I think I've been bogged down by the fact that I need and kind of want, but mostly feel like I need to make a resolution this year. I've been racking my brain, and each time I do I come up with something else I need to work on. So basically I'm depressing myself because I feel like there is so much that I need to do better at, and I know that I can't do it all, but I can't decide which goal is the most worthy. Is it to do my visiting teaching this year, or do I focus on my scripture study? Do I commit to writing in my journal, or make this the year I finally stop biting my nails? Maybe I should resolve to do the dishes after each meal rather than letting them pile up all day and doing them at night, then getting depressed because I didn't do dishes all day and putting it off till tomorrow. Then there's the need to be more organized(because I can never find anything when I need it, but when I don't need it, it seems to be everywhere), and the ever-present need to mop. I really hope that I'm not the only one out there who has more to work on than time to work on it. But, in an effort to finally stop torturing myself, I resolve to set my resolution by Friday. And maybe you can help my by letting me know what your resolution was this year. Wish me luck!!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Welcome to 1 o'clock church
We just wanted to show you what the consequences of 1 o'clock church are for our family. Stockton could not even keep his eyes open long enough to eat his dinner. I'm such a good mom that I let him take a 20 minute nap in his chair, and then woke him up to finish. Wish us luck on surviving this dreadful year of 1 o'clock church.

Well, I've been avoiding posting for some reason. I just feel like I have nothing to say right now, which isn't really true. I think I've been bogged down by the fact that I need and kind of want, but mostly feel like I need to make a resolution this year. I've been racking my brain, and each time I do I come up with something else I need to work on. So basically I'm depressing myself because I feel like there is so much that I need to do better at, and I know that I can't do it all, but I can't decide which goal is the most worthy. Is it to do my visiting teaching this year, or do I focus on my scripture study? Do I commit to writing in my journal, or make this the year I finally stop biting my nails? Maybe I should resolve to do the dishes after each meal rather than letting them pile up all day and doing them at night, then getting depressed because I didn't do dishes all day and putting it off till tomorrow. Then there's the need to be more organized(because I can never find anything when I need it, but when I don't need it, it seems to be everywhere), and the ever-present need to mop. I really hope that I'm not the only one out there who has more to work on than time to work on it. But, in an effort to finally stop torturing myself, I resolve to set my resolution by Friday. And maybe you can help my by letting me know what your resolution was this year. Wish me luck!!!
Well, I've been avoiding posting for some reason. I just feel like I have nothing to say right now, which isn't really true. I think I've been bogged down by the fact that I need and kind of want, but mostly feel like I need to make a resolution this year. I've been racking my brain, and each time I do I come up with something else I need to work on. So basically I'm depressing myself because I feel like there is so much that I need to do better at, and I know that I can't do it all, but I can't decide which goal is the most worthy. Is it to do my visiting teaching this year, or do I focus on my scripture study? Do I commit to writing in my journal, or make this the year I finally stop biting my nails? Maybe I should resolve to do the dishes after each meal rather than letting them pile up all day and doing them at night, then getting depressed because I didn't do dishes all day and putting it off till tomorrow. Then there's the need to be more organized(because I can never find anything when I need it, but when I don't need it, it seems to be everywhere), and the ever-present need to mop. I really hope that I'm not the only one out there who has more to work on than time to work on it. But, in an effort to finally stop torturing myself, I resolve to set my resolution by Friday. And maybe you can help my by letting me know what your resolution was this year. Wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh man, I need to be more organized too! We move so much I've just given up knowing where I put the stapler or the hole punch etc etc. My friend decided to break up her Resolutions into 12 different ones. She'll start working on a new one each month. As for me, uh, I just set goals like "go on a vacation." Those ones are pretty easy to keep!
hi heather, this is a great post, i know just how you feel about both topics. our church is forever at one, we never switch- ughhh! and the constant nagging feeling of all my flaws and ways i need to do better. i think that's just the nature of women. let us know if you find a way to quiet those depressing naggings...and good luck!
Hey Heather-I don't know if you saw my comment on your other post. I was so excited to find you blog so that I can keep in touch with you.
I'm with ya on not having a resolution yet. I'm too scared to commit to anything. I think that's why I've held off on setting one. If I come up with something I'll let you know. Your kids are adorable by the way.
I don't blame you for hating 1:00 church. That is a rough one to have with young kids. We have 11:30 church now which is great to have when you have the older kids that like to sleep in. I like that part too. LOL Stockton is so cute in that picture. Poor tired kid. Hey don't get depressed about your resolutions. Just set your goals and work on one at a time till you get it mastered. It is too overwhelming to try to do it all at once. I know because I have failed at it many, many times. My main one this year is to just start walking. I need to work on all the ones that you mentioned as well. But walking and scripture study are my main concerns.
Late church really does suck with kids. I think that when we move we are going to be at 1:00 and I am NOT excited! I decided that my New Year's Resolution was to just be okay with the fact that things might not always be perfect but I am doing the best I can and I need to just learn how to HONESTLY be okay with it!
All I have to say is that kid must have been pretty tired to fall asleep during a meal-- I've seen him eat! Good luck with your resolution, let me know how it goes!
We have 1 o'clock church too! YUCK! Good luck with the resolution. I can't help much, I've got a bunch that I should be doing.
Heather. HI!!! So glad you found me. I would absolutely love to do lunch sometime. Sorry for my recent lack of posts. Soon I will be better at that. My life's really not that exciting. I did go on a trip with my brother, so I will post pictures from that soon.
Anyway, so good to hear from you and be in contact. Even live in same city. Hope to see you soon.
Hi Heather! Wow, it has been a LONG time! It's been so fun to read your blog! You have adorable kids! I have two of my own now, if you can believe that! My blog is private. Email me and I'll invite you to view it!
voelkelfamily (at) hotmail (dot) com
Jennifer Clayton Voelkel
Post a Comment