So, I guess I'll take a few minutes and a few inches of blog space to brag about our boy. Stockton is such a joy. He has always been that kid that never seems to cry, and always seems to smile. Life is one big party when he is around. I affectionately call him the family mascot. He provides the comic relief, and keeps us all full of joy even in the tough times.
To Stockton, everything is "NO", even if it is yes. This can be really frustrating for the mom, but I am happy to report that in the last few days, I have heard several "Yes"s from him. As for the rest of his vocabulary, it is still a bit sketchy, but I understand more of his words every day. However, when speaking English gets too taxing, and he really has something to say, his tongue will just take off in what could be called Stocktonese. You can only really enjoy this if you have heard it, but by his tone of voice, you know he is saying something important, and he believes that you understand every word.
So, when he gets in a hurry and really wants to run, he'll take off and it always gets a laugh. I'll tell you why: first he has these short fat legs that get going so fast, but usually his body is going faster, so he falls ALL the time. Second, his left arm stays completely stationary, while his right arm is just pumping. What a crazy kid. Try it some time, I dare you, it isn't that easy. Maybe that's why he's so uncoordinated. Something to think about anyway. 
Stockton is a lefty. Not such a big deal yet, but in 3 years when I can't figure out how to help him write, I'll be calling you lefties out there. Oh, and lefty or not, this kid has an arm. He can wind up at get one off like nothing else.
Stockton is a lefty. Not such a big deal yet, but in 3 years when I can't figure out how to help him write, I'll be calling you lefties out there. Oh, and lefty or not, this kid has an arm. He can wind up at get one off like nothing else.
Anyway, I just want to say that we love you Stockton. You are a joy, and a laugh and, and sometimes even a scream. Thank you for coming to our family, and reminding us to stop taking ourselves so seriously. You have been a gift from the day you arrived. We love you!!! Happy Birthday little buddy.
4 comments:
Two weeks isn't that late! Stockton really is cute. When you are having a hard time teaching him how to write just give me a call - us left-handed people are scientifically smarter so don't worry if you can't understand him!!! :)
I love that little guy!! His pictures always make me smile!! I have to admit, your Stockton stories are my favorites!! Bring Stockton up and we will see if Hunter can translate for him. LOL
Handful or not you have one cute little guy on your hands!
He is a cutie! I can't wait until Grant gets to that terrible two stage! HA HA
Post a Comment