Friday, April 29, 2011

Farewell Michael Scott

Last night was a sad night. I have been in mourning all day. I said good bye to a very dear friend. This friend has come to visit every Thursday night for 6 years. (ok, so maybe not EVERY Thursday, but a lot of them!). This friend is unlike any I've ever had. Most of the time he's socially awkward and inappropriate. He makes many people squirm with anxiety. As for me, I wait patiently to hear what he might say next, and more often than not, once its said I laugh and I laugh and I laugh. I will miss him dearly for he has brought a happy spot into my life, and has helped me burn thousands of calories through laughter. Farewell Michael Scott, Farewell. I will miss your unwarranted ego, and "That's what she said". Who will loathe Toby in your absence? Who will Dwight admire? Who will Pam take care of? Who will call pointless staff meetings to order? and Who will take your place? Yes, I know this may be a bit ridiculous and silly, but truly, I cried last night as I watched your plane rise into the sky. I know The Office will not be the same in your absence, but I pray it can catch a new stride and bless my Thursday nights for years to come. Movie Career Shmovie Career.

3 comments:

Emily B said...

I'm going to miss him, too. I'm a little nervous about his replacement. I just don't know if it can still be The Office without Michael Scott!

Amy said...

I can't believe we are friends. Enough said.

Your vacation looks like fun though :)

The Brady Bunch said...

Heather, your posts always make me pee my pants the warmth of which fills my soul with happiness. haha jk I love your honesty and it kills me that we don't live close enough to hang out all the time. I have a feeling we would be best friends! I love you and thank you for making my day better!!!