Day 1 was Saturday the 16th. We went to enjoy a street fair. All the street performers gather on this weekend and do their shows in a central location. It was a lot of fun and really interesting to see the different talents that these people use to support themselves. Some were really interesting like the guy that was balancing rocks. I should have gotten a picture because it was unreal.
The girl that made her own hula hoops, and knew all kinds of awesome tricks. I totally want to be just like her btw!
Artists, and jewelry makers, psychics and performers. We stopped to watch one guy who was really not that great.
Preston got called up to be a volunteer and was a great sport. At one point he was supposed to hand him these juggling clubs and he chucked one of the clubs at the guy rather than handing it to him. It was awesome.
To thank him for his help he gave him a balloon sword and a dollar. He told Preston that if he put it under his pillow it would turn into a $100 bill, and then followed this statement up with "Right Dad?" Preston tried it once we got home and it didn't work, but he thinks it might be because he waited too long. I love that kid!
We ended the day by trying to go to the beach, but it was a Saturday late afternoon and there was no parking to be found. So with peeved kids we headed back for pizza and movies. They forgave us later in the trip when we finally did make it to the beach.
P.S. Apparently I didn't take as many pictures as I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment