Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sun Screen

Yesterday was AWESOME! I took the kids to a free movie here, then we spent three hours swimming here! Such a great day. The kids had a blast, smiled all day long, and didn't want to go home. When we did get home, they were so worn out they acted like slugs until bed time! It was awesome! So, I have a question for anyone that still reads this crazy, ill-kept blog of mine. When we were swimming, we took a break for a minute to snack and re-apply sunscreen. Then when we got back into the water, our faces were all stinging. Why does that happen? And, is there a sunscreen that won't cause that to happen? It really ruined the fun for about 20 minutes while the kids got over it! I grew up with a mom that was allergic to the sun, which causes me to be a crazy woman when it comes to sunscreen, and it is a must, ALWAYS! But I can't convince my kids to keep wearing it if it hurts! If you don't have the answers for me, I suppose I'll have to ask google! Anyway, here's to summer fun!

P.S. Stockton discovered the video of himself on the blog yesterday. He must have watched it 18 times, and laughed everytime he saw himself fall! I guess that means I'm not a bad mom for laughing myself?

5 comments:

Samye said...

We went to the movie too!! Bummer we didn't see you there!

Vyanca said...

It happens to my kids too, Im trying to figure out if it's because they are getting a little burned on their face or maybe the chlorine??

Emilee said...

I just found a new face sunscreen that I LOVE! It's zinc based, but clear, so it's ultra-protective. I bought it at CVS but here is a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Suncare-Clear-Oxide/dp/B000EGMBP2 Also, maybe you want to give it like 10 minutes to dry before you get back in the pool. Happy summer swimming!

Rodney & Teresa said...

well I was I lifeguard for a million years so I will give it a stab...... It burns for 2 reasons one you have waited too long to re apply so the skin is starting to get burned and for sunscreen to be effective you should apply while in the shade and stay they for 15 minutes. as a lifeguard we have to attend many talks from people claiming to prevent skin cancer.

As for the Briggs Family we apply at home so they are out of the sun for a period of time and we apply every hour. Make sure you towel dry off and rub it in completely.

Vicki said...

Ah, sun screen. I have a love/hate relationship with sun screen. It's such an amazing and helpful product, but applying it is always a pain!!