As you can see my team was very diverse culturally. The diversity didn't stop there. The socio-economic scale had dots on it at each end and everywhere in between. Each had a unique background which can make a coaches life very tough. I did not have an assistant so handling 15 freshman on my own was a challenge. We were very successful during the season. We went 13-3 in our division but could never beat Bishop Gorman! This was each of my boys' main goal. If you ask them how they feel about Gorman they are not shy about telling you! I grew to love each one of these young men and I will never forget the fun we had during the season. I also got to coach baseball which was a very rewarding experience. The Sierra Vista program is second to none! P.S. Okay, this is Heather now. I couldn't let it go without adding my two cents right? I just wanted to say what a good experience this was for our whole family. The kids loved going to watch Daddy's games, and would wait patiently for him to wave hello to them. It was interesting and good for me as a wife to watch Stuart deal with the different challenges that came with coaching this team. He truly did love these boys, and care about their well being. Here's to life as a coaches wife, because we've only just begun!
7 comments:
Lookin good Coach. Congrats on the winning record. You know I could help you with that Bishop Gorman problem - We'll just teach a few of your players how to throw a nice hip check and problem solved.
That sounds awesome. I have to agree with the SV baseball program being second to none. When I was a senior was the year they won state. Selby is the best! Tell Stuart to tell him hi from Allison Sutton!
Those are some lucky boys! I am sure that getting to know your different teams over the years will be one of your most rewarding accomplishments in your career :)
That is so great for all of you. We love to go here to the games and cheer on Dallas Larsen during the basketball year. BTW... you look so grown up and official Stuart!
Congrats on the great year!!! I was able to coach a season of track... and it was so rewarding! As I'm sure Basketball and Baseball were for you. I'm sure you made a great impression on those kids.
Good Job Stuart - looks like a group of young men who can learn something about life through basketball and a good coach that knows about both. I hope you have many more opportunities for years to come. But always remember the little team at home!
I love you,
Dad
How did I miss this post?
Looks like an awesome team with an awesome coach. Way to go Stu on a successful season with many more to come!
Post a Comment