- He talks to you like you are an equal, not that he thinks you are three also, but that he thinks he is 28 also.
He REFUSED to learn his colors. No really, for a while there, I was actually wondering if he was color blind. He would always say Green if you asked him what color something was. Then, out of the blue, from nowhere, on his birthday he just up and told me what all the colors were while playing a game of Candy land. I was blown away. At this point, I think he knew the colors all along, and just wanted to see how long he could keep me frustrated. (Seriously people, when I went in for his well child visit with the pediatrician, I was going to ask about having him tested for color-blindness, if there is such a test!) - This kid plays the meanest air guitar ever! We are nerds and love to play air band while driving in the car. We each pick an instrument and play our souls out to the music on the radio. Stockton really enjoys this activity, and any time there is music playing he'll say "you be drums, I be Guitar" and proceed to jam out! I love it! I need to get some pictures, or better yet some video.
- Along the same lines, he LOVES to dance! One of our favorite shows is So You Think You Can Dance. The kids love it too (after it's been pre-screened by mom), and any time it was on, he was dancing. He can't listen to music without busting out some kind of a move. He always has a leg or something going, but sometimes you get full body action and that is priceless!
- He thinks he's 7. No, really, ask him, and he'll tell you, he's 7. He truly can't understand why he isn't allowed to do all of the things his big brother and sister get to do. He wants to go to school. He wants to ride Preston's bike (not just a big boy bike, but Preston's bike, which is taller than he is), and can't understand why I won't let him.
- He is potty trained! This is a good thing for the mom, and probably more of a milestone for me than for him, but I'm documenting it anyway. We don't have night time down yet, but I'll take it!
- He LOVE LOVE LOVES nursery, and especially Sister Seager. I need to take a picture of him with his AMAZING nursery teachers. They really are the greatest. From the time we walk into Sacrament meeting he is looking for Sister Seager. When he finds them before the meeting begins, he spend the entire hour trying to see them again, and says "Mom, thews Sisto Seago." When he doesn't find them before the meeting, he spends the entire hour trying to find them, and then I get "Mom, Whews Sisto Seago?". It will be a sad day when they get released. Everyone keeps asking if I'm bummed that he has an entire year left of Nursery, but he loves is, so I do too! (Really, who wouldn't love snack time, coloring, toys, and bubbles for an entire 2 hours from people that are way more entertaining Mom!!)
- He can count to 14
- He loves to eat (shocking right?)
- His favorite time of day is when it is time to get the kids from school. You would think it had been a week since he saw them rather than just a few hours! He yells their names and wraps his arms around their little necks! I LOVE IT!
- He is sneaky, and if you can't find him, you can bet his is looking for something to eat in the pantry!
He loves horses. If he sees one on a movie, you are going to hear about it for the next 15 minutes or more! Needless to say, he adores the Man from Snowy River movies.
Stockton, we love you! Happy Birthday! I can't wait for all the adventures and laughs and tears that 3 will bring!
3 comments:
Love him! He's adorable :) And I love his shirt!
That was an amazing post Heather! I enjoyed hearing so much about my favorite little guy! I can't believe he is 3!!
He really is such a special little guy! I sure enjoyed reading this!
Post a Comment