Sunday, January 10, 2010

Emma the Artist

Emma is the little artist in our family. She loves to create and draw and color. Her latest fascination is books. She loves to maker her own little books. She will take paper, glue it together on one side, and then create her own little book. She has been doing this for about a year now. Up until now, she would draw the pictures and then draw squiggly lines across the pages for the words. We have now convinced her that she doesn't have to spell every word perfectly in order to start writing. We have been encouraging her to do her best sounding out the words, and that it would be perfect. Apparently she's been listening because I found this little beauty on my bed this morning.







Translations:
Emma's Book
I lost two teeth
The ones that I lost
Were my front ones
I love that my teeth have fallen out
The End
Clearly she has come to terms with her missing teeth! I love Emma. She is beautiful and creative. She loves things that are beautiful, and she loves to make others happy. She writes and draws and creates things for others. Nothing makes her happier than to draw a picture for one of us, or write us a letter, seal it up in an envelope and "mail" it to us (usually she puts them on our pillows, or occasionally inside a book I'm reading). She smiles from ear to ear when we thank her for our latest gift. She is very thoughtful and concerned for the feelings of others. What a great example I have been given! I love you Emma. Thank you for making my world a more beautiful place.

2 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

That's really sweet. Sometimes kids' actions are more profound than they could ever imagine!

Melanie said...

I love that Emma too! I am so glad you are blogging and keeping track of all these great things your kids are doing. I didn't and now I can't remember! So keep up the good work!