We brought it home and quickly started looking through it to see which "magic tricks" we had the equipment for, and got to work. We did several experiments/tricks but I only took pictures of a few. I have to say that this was a BLAST! Preston loved it, Emma thought it was cool, and Stockton was entertained enough to let us do it.
Our first one was teaching eggs to swim. So fun! The kids thought it was awesome and couldn't wait for Dad to get home to show him their new trick.
One egg floats the other sinks. I'm not quite sure how much they actually learned about density, but when it comes around, I hope they will remember this.
Our next experiment was, honestly, I don't remember exactly, but we had a lot of fun getting the cups "stuck" to the balloons. (surface tension I think)This is Emma's work in progress!
And Preston has Success!
Clearly Stockton didn't do very well, but he doesn't know that! Mostly it was just fun to have new ideas of fun things to do with the kids. They were so excited to do new science experiments. I don't know how much then actually learned, but maybe it will come back to them someday when they can understand it all better. I had no idea what I was getting myself into during that trip to the library, but it was AWESOME! We laughed and played and maybe even learned.
1 comment:
We are going to have to check that one out! Looks like a blast :)
Post a Comment