Saturday, June 6, 2009

That Was Then, This is Now...

So, its been a week and a half, but I can't let another day go by without acknowledging our anniversary! 8 years ago Stuart and I were married in the Las Vegas Temple. What an awesome day! It was a warm and breezy day, so many of our friends and family were there, and we were sealed for time and eternity.




Life hasn't been as easy and blissful as I imagined. We have had a lot of fun, and laughed a lot, but we've also worked really hard, and failed many times, made mistakes, and cried. We've brought three beautiful children into this world, and sometimes we wonder why, but mostly we just can't believe what 8 years means. I know that is nothing compared to some of you. My parents were married for 42 years (?) before we lost dad. My in-laws have been married for 37 years. Thank you for your examples. I know that no marriage is easy, but in these times I'm so grateful to have examples of people who have worked the issues out and let the good times keep rolling. I love Stuart, and I'm grateful to be his wife. Thank you for dealing with my emotional swings for the past 8 years. Thank you for being an amazing father. Thank you for never calling me crazy. Thank you for putting up with all of my experimental cooking. Thank you for knowing when I just can't do it anymore, and jumping in to take over. Thank you for having the courage to let go of security to do something that will make you happy. I love you and I look forward to then next 8 years and beyond. P.S. We had a blast on our anniversary. My friend Lori took the kids so we could go out to dinner. When we were done eating, we came back to get the kids. When we pulled up at her house she was in the garage getting treats for the kids and told us that we were home too early and to go find something else to do. Wow, I've never heard that one before. So, we did. We went bowling and laughed at each other and had a blast. Thank you Lori.Fuzzy, but it makes me smile!

6 comments:

Whitney Baldwin said...

I am so glad that Stuart married you-- and that you have put up with him for 8 years!! Seriously-- you guys are a wonderful example to us and we love you guys so much! Congrats!

Alli Waldron said...

So i gotta say - you two look much better now then 8 years ago. Time has made you not only wiser but better looking!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! I agree with Alli - you have gotten better with age. Congratulations on 8 years :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! 8 years is a long time for today. you both look really cute.

Vicki said...

Good job on the 8 years!! Keep it up!

Willow Dawn said...

Thanks Heather! I'll send you an invite soon! Happy Anniversary and can't wait to see you!