Sunday, March 8, 2009

Birthday at Disneyland

Last Sunday was my 28th birthday!!! For the year 2009 Disney is letting you into their parks for free on your birthday. You just have to register your birthday ahead of time and print out a coupon to bring along with your identification to the ticket box. I am lucky enough to have a friend (Amy Sutton Mathewson) who has the same birthday that I do, and she cooked up a fabulous idea that we should take a trip and go! Well, two other girls decided to join us, and off we went. We left Saturday at around noon and headed to California. We didn't make it out of the state before Emily had us stop at Primm for some shopping. Shopping with no kids is so much better!!! Amy's Aunt Becky was gracious enough to let us stay at her house, which was only about an hour from the park, so that was perfect! Thank you Aunt Becky! Saturday night we went to dinner at TGI Friday's, shopped, and had some Cold Stone - ALL WITH NO KIDS!!! Needless to say, it was fabulous! Sunday morning (we are sinners I know) we headed to Disneyland. We hit all of the rides that we wanted to during the morning. Then we split up and two of us stayed at Disneyland and the other two went to the adjoining California Adventure Park. Then we swapped between the two parks for awhile. We had to swap because we only had two park-hopper passes. We had all the fun we could then headed back to Vegas. We ended up getting home at like 1:00 in the morning. I wasn't sure how much fun Disneyland would be without kids but it was surprisingly fun! I felt a little dumb walking in with me and girlfriends but it was really a fabulous day at the happiest place on earth. What better place to spend your birthday is there? We had an awesome time! Pretty cheap birthday trip too!!!
Happy Birthday to us!!!
This guy was really awesome! For about an hour of the drive on the way there this guy just kept speeding up, and slowing down. It really drove Chelsea crazy (she was driving) but after a while all we could do was laugh, and take a picture. As you can see, he is clearly oblivious! Probably one of those things where you had to be there, but it really was funny!
This was the Gang! Amy, Emily, Me, and Chelsea! Thanks for a GREAT weekend Girls!
Just a picture of the Birthday Girls! You only turn 28 once!
Amy and Chelsea drew the short straws and sat in the very front on Splash Mountain! Too fun! Emily and I were in seats 3 and 4 and hardly got wet!
This is how much we love getting into Disneyland Free!
P.S. Thanks Amy, I totally hijacked your pictures and text. As you can see, I just changed a bit of it around and used it as my own!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I totally forgot that we took a picture of crazy driver! It was such a fun trip - I am glad that we could share our birthday together in Disneyland!

Amber said...

What a blast! I just emailed you and holy cow of course you had a great Birthday! Disneyland is a blast even without kids I am with you a 100%. Man I wish I was living close I would have totally went with you guys. Glad you guys did it. Great husbands to let you go too! Glad it was so awesome you all deserve it. Tell Amy hi for me.

Vicki said...

That sounds like so much fun! It is so nice to get away by yourself!

Melanie said...

A trip well deserved!! Glad you had fun!

Amee said...

What a FUN b-day!! Happy late 28 to you two crazies!