It has been an awesome holiday season for us! We have enjoyed the spirit of the season, and all the time spent with family. The weekend before Christmas we had the Humes family Christmas party. It was way fun!(Thanks Whitney for all your hard work.) The party started out with dinner, quickly followed by making Gingerbread houses. We made ours Southwest style with a rooftop pool and a lounge chair for Santa. He must have liked it because he left presents, and then even stayed a while.
After that, we had our own Live Nativity. Stockton, Preston and their cousin Kloie were the shepherds. They were in fact some of the best shepherds ever. Stockton did love to stray from his role, he didn't like his head dress, and when they found the baby Jesus he bent right down to give him a kiss.
Emma and Sophie played the Kings. There are only two because the third one, Josie, respectfully declined her role due to the fact that she is a Queen and not a King. The pageant was wonderful and the kids finished it up by singing the Samuel the Lamanite song, and Joy to the World.
The rest of the weekend was fun and relaxing and enjoyable. We spent some time at the park playing kick ball and tag, we played some games, and watched some games and had a great time.
Stockton LOVED his cousin Zach, but I'm not sure how much Zach loves Stockton. This is the cutest picture! Zach is 10 months old, and Stockton followed him around all weekend loving on him. He wasn't intentionally mean even once.
We finished off the weekend by attending church with the in-laws. It was Dennis and Judy's non-farewell farewell. They were the speakers for the meeting, and the ward choir sang their songs. The whole thing was very beautiful, and reverent, and focused on the Savior, exactly like a Christmas worship service should be. The meeting ended with Tuna Aki (I know some of you know him, and/or remember him from High School) singing "O Holy Night". It was awesome, and he has a simple and beautiful voice.
Anyway it was wonderful, Thanks Humes Family!
3 comments:
Well, I hope you had a good Christmas! Sorry we never called you guys about playing games. I had a bad couple of days and didn't feel like doing anything. I still would like to get together to play on a day that I'm feeling more chipper!
He still goes by Tuna??? My favorite part of your weekend is Josie not wanting to be a King - hilarious!!!
Cute pics! I love the one of Stockton and Zach!
Post a Comment