On Sunday, I arrogantly commented on a friend's blog about the beautiful weather, and most
especially about the lack of snow we've had here in Vegas. Apparently I forgot to knock on wood, because it snowed a little bit on Monday, and it really came down today. In fact it is still snowing right now, and it will probably continue through the night. Who knew. It has been really exciting and fun for the kids, and I'll be honest, even for the parents. After watching it snow for about three hours, we pulled out the winter box, created some make-shift snow clothes and went to a grassy area in our neighborhood to have some fun.
So below isn't the best picture ever, but it's all of us.

Preston and Stuart built a snowman, and I ran home and got his accessories.

Emma was having a blast making snow balls to throw at all of us. Her favorite target was Stockton, and luckily he loved it. Every time he got hit he would smile and laugh.
At first, he wasn't sure about this snow stuff, but he had fun stomping around in it.

Preston mostly enjoyed making a snowman with his dad, but the whole thing was awesome in his
opinion. They might close down the schools tomorrow, and I think he is thrilled about the possibility of another adventure playing in the snow.

We covered all our bases, snowman, snowball fight, and last but not least, snow angels.

What a fun and eventful day. The kids got hot chocolate twice, so they think they hit the lotto. I know that some of you see snow like this for half the year, but we in Vegas think this is a pretty cool thing.
2 comments:
Chad and I couldn't resist playing in the snow either! Last night we finally had a neighborhood snowball fight and built a couple of snowmen!
Snow is beautiful but ONLY for a few days. I NEVER want to live in it like you crazy lady!!! Your snowman and angels were awesome!
Post a Comment