Thursday, September 17, 2009

What happened today

It's been an interesting day. It's been a good day. I got a lot done, I feel like I was a great Mom, we fed the missionaries, and the day just went great. No fighting, just happy kids and happy parents! It has been a funny day too. I'll start at the beginning and work my way through. Stockton and Emma told me they wanted quesadillas for lunch. I got the stuff out and got them cooking and then took Emma in the bathroom to get her hair done. I could hear the sound of mischief going on in the front room, and this is what I found when I went looking...

In case you are wondering, that is four, yes 4 tortillas, and all I had left! He found the package and emptied it, then sat down for lunch. When I saw him, I asked him what he was doing, to which he replied "I eat quesadilla Mommy" So, instead of getting after him, I laughed and grabbed the camera. I think my parenting was more effective before the blog, but I'm sure glad I will remember the funny stuff now!! Just one more picture, because I think it is cute!

Next on the funny list: Tonight, during family scripture study we were talking about how Lehi's family left everything behind when they left Jerusalem. Stuart asked the kids if they would be willing to leave all of their stuff, their toys and our home if Heavenly Father asked us to. Emma's reply was a quick and blunt "NO". I couldn't help but laugh. The conversation progressed, and maybe she understands now, or maybe she doesn't, but she's not ready to leave her purses, or her dress-ups behind!

Last, but certainly not least, it was Stockton's turn for family prayer tonight, and Stuart's turn to help him. Dad got a little long winded, and when Stockton had had enough, instead of saying what Stuart had told him to say we heard "Name of Jesus Christ, Dad!" Dad got the hint and ended the prayer! There is apparently only so much a little guy can handle! I love it.

These are the days when I cherish being a mother. There were a thousand other moments today when I smiled or laughed, and it was great! I got snuggles, and kisses, and thank-yous and I love yous and I drank it all in. I love my babies, and they are all at awesome ages. Preston and I can have real conversations about important things, and Emma is still as playful and lighthearted as ever. Stockton continues to be the family mascot, and entertain us all when things get dull. These are the days that keep me going. This has been the light at the end of my tunnel and it is so great to find my joy again! Happy Motherhood!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray for days like these! I haven't had one in a few days - would you mind coming over and helping with my crazy children????

Wahl Family said...

That is really the way to find joy in the journey!

Dennis said...

Dearest Heather,
May you always be blest with the best. I love your babies also.
Dad
PS Make sure you read my comment in your previous blog.

Dennis said...

Is Blest spelled Blessed?

Spilter said...

That is so cute. I love days like that! Keep it up.
Amber

Anonymous said...

yeah for good days!!!!

James wanted to be in the building {in Lehi's dream} because he wa convince tht it had trophy's in it}

I try really hard to take pictures of the funny things that they do even when it's irritating sometimes.