Oh how the time has flown by! I curse myself for not documenting all this as I went because I am sure that I have forgotten so much already. But I can't let even another day go by without blogging about Lainey! Her second month flew by as quickly as the first. Here are some pictures and details of her second month that I can't live without!
 |
| I loved this outfit, but mostly I wanted to show you just how much hair she had! In the months that follow she will lose so much of it. Some fell out, some she rubbed off in her car seat. |
 |
| This picture is an accurate portrayal of their relationship. He LOVES her! He LOVES to hold her! She loves him, but HATES to be held by him. No surprise there! |
 |
| Emma cannot get enough of being a big sister. She can't get enough of having a baby at home. We loved this dress! It was so cute. My friend Amy gave it to her, but she got fat so fast that she was only able to wear it twice. It breaks my heart how fast she has grown! |
 |
| After her first stroller ride. At 6 weeks exactly we went for a ride, and she fell fast asleep! |
|
| Ownership happened so fast! She adores daddy, and he can't get enough of her! LOVE this picture! |
 |
| My nephew Dakota played in the State Championship Basketball game for the Lincoln Lynx. They won! Lainey and I went to two of the games and she got to meet many cousins, Nykele, Steve, and their two boys, Jaxon and Parker. This is Parker holding Lainey. He is my great nephew! He LOVED her and didn't want to give her up. He kept giving her kisses. It was so cute. She also got to meet Jaycie and Josh, and the rest of Melanie's family. |
 |
| She got to meet her cousin Daxton. They were born all of two days apart. He is so CUTE and we love him so much! |
 |
| We laid them down next to each other to see the differences between them. He wasn't too impressed. He is long and skinny, and she is short and broad! When Stuart picked him up for the first time he couldn't believe that his fingers met on both sides as he held him. He has the cutest and most pathetic cry you have ever heard! I hope these two will love each other, and have a great friendship in years to come. |
 |
| Emma wanted a picture holding both babies so badly! She LOVES having two babies around to love on. |
 |
| She finally got Emma! Emma had been dodging getting spit up on, but the day she got it, she got it good! She was screaming at first, but it didn't take long for the screams to become laughter. Gross! |
 |
| Love that cute face! One of the first smiles we were able to catch on camera! She will smile up a storm, but the second you turn on the camera it all goes away. It was SO hard to get this picture! |
 |
| She woke up with a hand print on her face after sleeping on her hand. It was the most perfect little hand print. |
 |
| She loves Preston! He will sit and talk to her, and she will watch him. She loves it when he showers her with attention. He is a great big brother! |
 |
| This picture is the day of her two month birthday! |
- We started her on the binki from the hospital. She would take it for a while but spit it out in time. Then we switched and tried the Nuk brand. At about two months we finally gave up on those as well. She would take it, but she didn't really want in and before long she would fight you to take it.
- She wouldn't sleep for longer that four hours at a time. EVER! I was so tired! Though she did start figuring out what was day and what was night, so that helped a lot!
- The baby acne kicked in right on time at 6 weeks. And right on its heels her skin rashed and dried out. We had two problems, 1: I forgot to change everyone's laundry detergent, so I believe she was reacting to that. two: she is such a spitter that her clothes and blankets are always wet. I had to start changing her clothes every couple of hours. At the worst of it she was wearing 6 or 7 new outfits a day to keep her dry. Between that and using coconut oil on her face we got it all cleared up in a few weeks, but it was pretty bad!
- She has one nickname that stuck: Lainey Bug.
No comments:
Post a Comment