Well, we made it. We are safe and sound. Stuart loves his job, and everything is going good. The kids have adjusted to yet another new school, and are making friends fast. I need to find my cable so I can download pictures, I need to set up the old computer to get all of the older pictures off of it. The to do list is still longer than I am tall, and I'm sure I will never get it all done. That being said, I need to start embracing life in this small town again. I need to stop living in denial and embrace where I am today. In an effort to do so I'm hoping to start a recurring theme for this here blog of mine. I want to talk about all the great things, and not so great things about living in a small town. Here goes nothing
Love it:
A back yard
Dirt under my kids nails
Hours spent outside instead of bored inside
Don't love it so much:
The fact that my car will NEVER look clean again-seriously!
Having only one small grocery store with a very limited variety
Don't worry, there is MUCH more to come! But for now, the Love its are winning out and that gives me hope. ;)
7 comments:
I'm hoping that in the next 5 years or so to start making my way back to a small town. I just think the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to small town life!
I guess we always want what we can't have! :-) I do understand only have a small selection at the store. But you will adjust and your children will of course love it. I am sure it's an adjustment for mom the most. If you ever need a taste of the big city you are welcome to come and visit me!
We're glad you're here!
Love the "love its"! Brad and I laughed and laughed about the car never being clean. So true, so true.
My Love it's are when we can see you... no making new friends. LOL!!!
My not so muches... you aren't here with me. I am glad you are adjusting. I still miss ya!!!
Glad you guys made it safe. Please send us your number and address when you have a chance. Miss you friend. Hope it is going great so far.
I'm loving that you're 1 hr. closer. After our trip, we'll be able to come see you. Miss you all. Mom
Post a Comment