WARNING: Now that another female has entered your life, nothing you own will ever be JUST yours again. She will feel that everything that belongs to you, by extension belongs to her as well. When you find every one of your lip glosses in her top drawer, do not over react, because this is typical girl behavior. When your favorite heels go missing, check her closet first. Those sun glasses you just bought do not belong to you, they are hers, and will go missing any time you take them off your head. Don't fret when the necklace you wore on your wedding day gets broken and all the beads are throughout your kitchen, and mostly under the dishwasher, because this is to be expected. When she came into your life anything pretty, or girly, or silky, any make-up, jewelry, clothing, or shoes you own, now belong to her also. This means she will not ask, she will just take. Good luck, and don't buy anything costing over $20 for yourself for the next 20 years!
Okay, so that is so beyond the point of this post, but it is how I feel on a daily basis having a little girl in my life!
This is the sign that is hanging on Emma's door right now.
And last but certainly no least, last week Emma and I were just hanging out, when she says to me:
"Mom, sometimes when I'm at school and I need to toot, I try to hold it in, but I can't so I just let it out."
Heather: "So, do your friends laugh when you toot in school?"
Emma: "Yeah, and so do I!"
Oh, my sweet Emma, as tooty as you are, you better learn now to have a sense of humor about it! Someday you will hate me for documenting this moment of your life, but your Dad and I agreed, it made us laugh to hard to forget about it!
"Mom, sometimes when I'm at school and I need to toot, I try to hold it in, but I can't so I just let it out."
Heather: "So, do your friends laugh when you toot in school?"
Emma: "Yeah, and so do I!"
Oh, my sweet Emma, as tooty as you are, you better learn now to have a sense of humor about it! Someday you will hate me for documenting this moment of your life, but your Dad and I agreed, it made us laugh to hard to forget about it!
We love Emma, and life is more beautiful and full with her in it! I can't wait to add to her list of funnies!
4 comments:
I love the toot part! Hilarious!!! She reminds me so much of you :)
Just cracking up in Brasil!
Sorry I haven´t commented more. But I have been enjoying your posts. What about Granpa when he gets home? Will there be another sign on the door by then?
Elder Humes
Oh, Heather this post sounds like I wrote it about my family! Breya steals all of my lip glosses and my shoes. If she's in the house, she's wearing MY shoes around. Funny thing is, it won't be too much longer until we where the same size. Miss ya! Hope we can catch up soon.
Love it! I want a girl to steal all my stuff!!!!
Post a Comment